Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Owl's Are In

Dear Mom,
Everything went well with the move, but I still do need to send some stuff home, hopefully only one box, but maybe two. That stinks that dad missed his deer. The week was alright, kind of depressing having to pack knowing that I'll have to do it again in 6 weeks, but the new area is cool. Funnily enough, I've actually been Christmas carolling in this ward, so it's not new. What did you think of General Conference? I think it was awesome. My 2 companions have been out for 2 and 1 transfer, and are from Utah, and Canada respectively. There cool, but they remind me a lot of me when I had been out that long, and it's hard to figure out where to start to teach them about things. We had a couple cool experiences this week with following the Spirit. A couple of times we didn''t really have anything to do, so we just followed the Spirit and we ended up talking to a ton of people, and actually found a couple that were interested they were really cool experiences. This area is a lot less affluent than Roswell, and the people here definitely seem much more humble. I'm really excited for the things that are happening, we currently have an investigator scheduled to be baptized on the 15th, so we're hoping that it works out. I have to admit when I first learned I was being transferred I was quite upset, but as I pondered about it, I realized that the Lord must have a purpose in it all, and as I prayed about it, I realized that the Lord needed me to do something. I know God lives, and that he loves us. I know Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God, the Savior, and Redeemer of the world. I know that God does inspire his children through the Holy Ghost. I know that Thomas Monson is Gods' chosen Prophet today, that the Book of Mormon is true, and that Joseph Smith was the Prophet through whom God restored the gospel in this final dispensation. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment