Monday, October 10, 2011

Just 31 more days to GO...

Dear Family and Friends,

As I have been reflecting this week on the calling of a missionary, and the true importance of the Spirit in this work, I have had some neat experiences. First it was revealed to me that to feed the Lord's sheep we must do so spiritually which helped me understand why a testimony is so important in this work. Then last night we had a rather neat experience. It was late at night and we decided to stop at one last less-active families house, and as we sat there talking with them I truly felt the love the Lord had for them, and was able to invite them to come back after sharing with them how the gospel has affected my life. They weren't open to coming back immediately, but they definitely revealed that they do want their children to grow up in the gospel, and it really helped us understand what we can do to help them. It seems that the Lord must have had a great purpose in my being here, because I've really had to humble myself, and I've really noticed a difference in the level of my own spirituality. I realize that my time as a missionary is short, and so it with all the power of my conviction that I testify that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God, the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God revealed to us for our day and time to guide and direct us in our life, and I invite all to drink deeply from the rich messages of it's pages and come to understand and experience the power it contains to help us draw closer to our Savior. He loves us, and wants to heal us, I tesifty of these thing in his sacred and holy name, Amen.

Love,

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment