Friday, September 2, 2011

Weekly Good News

Dear Family and Friends,

I must say thanks to all of you who've sent me letters recently, I'm working on responding, it's just taking a minute due to a lack of stamps. We had a couple cool things happen this week, we had our first zone conference with President Wolfert (which brought the awful realization that it was my last), and it was great. I feel like I'm really getting a lot better at listening to the Spirit so it was very powerful. Another cool thing that happened was Saturday, my companion and I decided to stop by an investigator that we hadn't seen in a few weeks house, and she let us in. After a short discussion we found out that she had felt a very strong impression earlier in the week that she needed to be baptized, and it was super cool. So, we commited her to be baptized this Saturday. Hopefully it all works out. This week was a great testimony builder to me as I've pondered over a lot of things and reflected on things I've learned recently. It has been amazing to see how the Spirit works in our life when we let him. It has strengthened my faith in and testimony of the Atonement, and the power it can have in our lives to draw us ever closer to God. I know he loves us and wants to help us in our lives. I know the Holy Ghost can and will tell us all things that we should do if we humble ourselves and accept the will of God. I know our Father in heaven loves us, and he wants all of us back. I testify of these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. I love you all, and hope all is well.

Love,

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment