Monday, September 12, 2011

Mail's Here



Dear Family and Friends,
This week we heard some exciting news, the church is going to start their multimedia mormon.org campaign next month, so everyone in the mission is super excited. With the new mission president there are some changes being worked on, so it's pretty exciting to get to see how different people do things. Things are getting better for our investigator that had to have shoulder surgery, and hopefully she'll be able to be baptized soon. We had a neat opportunity Saturday to help out with a 9/11 memorial project so hopefully you like the pics of me and my companion. I have learned something this week through experience that I'd like to share with you. When we harden our hearts against the Lord, which is done in numerous ways, he withdraws the sustaining influence of the Spirit which then leaves us to kick against the pricks, and it becomes very difficult to see his hand in our lives, but when we humble ourselves, and as they say "count our blessings" we see that he never leaves. I know that our Father in Heaven loves us, and is always there to guide bless and inspire us in our lives. I know the Savior lives, and I know that through the Spirit we too can know of these eternal truths. I know that we are children of God, and that he has a plan for us in our lives. I testify that the Book of Mormon is true, and I know that it contains everything we need to return to the presence of God. I love you, and miss you. Know that I remember you in my prayers, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment