Monday, June 20, 2011

Message for the week

(I know he was at the meeting- so look hard)


Dear Mom,
We're at a crowded library, and I couldn't get a computer for more than 15 minutes, so I may have to email you back tomorrow, or find a new computer.....I got the message about the gatorade, milk, and cheesecake. Thanks! You really are the best mom ever you know. I'm really starting to get depressed....I'm so used to having companions that have been out forever that having a fresh one that is still very focused on back home is making me wish I could just get there already, but I don't want to think/feel that way so it's very frustrating, but such is life. I guess it's just something else I have to learn to deal with right? I sure hope all is well. I'll also have you know that I totaled all my bike repairs up thus far, and I'm about to pass the $300 mark. Which makes me very angry, because there are missionaries that never even ride a bike out here. I'm not sure I want to keep it for going home, because sending it home is another $85, and I could probably resell it for most of what I've put into maintenance of the crazy thing. The saga continues, it is trying to break again, but I'm doing all I can to stop it. I keep forgetting that I did get your package with the jelly in it, thank goodness cause I was out. I let my companion try some, and he agrees that it's the most delicious thing he's ever tasted. Anyway, I'm going to move computers hopefully.
Ok, computer switch...So yeah, I'm hating this having to start thinking about what I'm going to do before I get home stuff. The heat is here, and I think to stay this time, it's hot and humid. Unfortunately with humidity the you sweat just as much in the shade as you do regularly. Humidity is such a pain. We had our last meeting with President and Sister King Thursday, and it was a sad yet spiritual experience. I'm sure gonna miss them. It seems like there's an awful lot of depressing things going on right now, considering that on top of that one of our investigators that was so close to getting baptized is moving to California. Not my favorite week overall, but I'll manage. I'm kind of terrified right now, because I'm supposed to go on exchange with all the missionaries in my District every month, and I've been putting it off, but I'm supposed to go with Sisters and I'm terrified.....Not very high up on my list of things to do. Anyway, other than that things are pretty same old same old. Lots of bike riding, and sweating, and crazy people. Oh, I need the password to my blog, because I want to put a link to my mormon.org profile on there so y'all can check it out. I think I'm gonna break from the norm, and just let this be my email, I need to get some personality in them. besides being stressed, tired, and terrified things are going well we have 2 investigators that are getting very close to baptism which is super exciting, and hopefuuly things will continue to pick up. Like I said I'll be going on exchange for the next couple days so that ought to be interesting I think. We're enjoying the new apartment. We went on an excursion today to the Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield which was pretty cool, but the hikes here are so short that you hit the top before you know what's going on. It was some good District bonding time, but was very hot and there was a lot of complaining. I've had some interesting experiences with things I've learned, and I'm excited to see where they take us. I hope that we can all strive to strengthen our testimonies, and I testify that we can know the truth of all things through the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment