Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good News

Dear Family and Friends,
We had a very crazy week this week, we moved apartments. On top of that we had lots of appointments, and a miraculous experience with one of our investigators. She was commited to come to church, but ended not sleeping much the night before, and was in a lot of pain due to a rotator cuff injury. So she prayed about being able to come, and told the Lord that if this was what he wanted her to do, he'd have to make the pain bearable, and it disappeared completely and never came back. I've felt so grateful to have witnessed such a miracle, and am still astonished that it happened. We also met a new lady this week that we commited to be baptized July 2nd, so hopefully things go well there. She also had a neat story. She just moved here from Alabam, and was looking for a church so she typed in an address on her GPS, and the GPS mistakenly led her to our church, and she loved it. With all the stress of moving and things going on, I was very grateful that the Lord would be so gracious to us. We are teaching some amazing people, and so many good things are happening, they just keep hitting these roadblocks that are keeping them from getting baptized. We'll get through though, I know we will. Heavenly Father will prepare the way. I realize it's been a while since I bore my testimony, and I'd like to share it with you today: I know God lives, and is our loving Heavenly Father. He has a plan for us that is centered around the Atonement of his only begotten son Jesus Christ, and desires our Exaltation. I testify that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, our Savior and Redeemer, and the only way we can return to the presence of God. I bear Witness of his Atonement, and the power it contains to change lives and hearts, and purify us through the power of the Holy Ghost, whose presence in our lives I testify of. I know that Joseph Smith is the Prophet anointed by the Savior himself who opened this last dispensation, and that he translated the Book of Mormon by the Gift and Power of God. I Bear Witness that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God, and will lead us back to him. I testify that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God, and that this is the true and living church of Jesus Christ on the earth today, in his sacred name, Amen.

Love,

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment