Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekly Update

Dear Family and Friends, This week was a fast one. We got invitations to the Temple open house Tuesday from President King, and started handing them out. So far we haven't had too much success with it, but we're trying to be ingenuitive, and are coming up with some new things to try. Hopefully we can hand out all 300 quickly. I had an interesting experience yesterday in between sessions of conference where the sisters in my district took my companion and I to meet a guy they had talked to before. We stood in a gas station for an hour and a half, and compared Islam to Latter Day Saint doctrine. I noticed very early that I was the only one doing the talking, and no one else seemed to have anything to say. So we had 5 missionaries in a gas station on a sunday with people coming in and out, and me and this guy are having a long discussion about our beliefs. It was a fun experience, because the Spirit truly led me in what to say, and when and how to say it, and the guy really couldn't say anything against what we had talked, or explain how he knew any of it was true. We left him with our testimonies, and he told us we could come back, but I think we might not, on account of I could see myself talking to him all day. It was a good experience though, to see how the Spirit worked through me. Having the opportunity to listen to conference was very different to me than it has been in the past, I really felt as though the Lord was tellling me what to do, and I hope that all of us will take the time to study and ponder the messages shared, because I know that the Lords counsel is contained in them. I also know and testify that as we follow it, we will be blessed because I know that these men and women are inspired of God, and that Thomas S. Monson is his Prophet on the earth today. Please follow their counsel, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. Love, Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment