Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekly Note

(Atlanta Temple)

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been interesting to say the least. We had interviews with President King this week in the Temple, which was super cool, but we also had an area 70 chewing us out for there being too many missionaries at the Temple. We got a few referrals from the open house, but nothing has happened with them so far. The sisters are having a mini-transfer since everything with the open house has been so crazy, so i may or may not be losing the sisters in my district which would be sad since everything else seems to be dieing on me. I've really felt like the Lord has been trying to teach me a lesson these last couple weeks, and today was a big step towards whateer it is I'm supposed to be learning. I wish I could turn back time, and that I had known what I know now when I left on a mission, but alas that's the problem with this life, we live and learn. I have a request to make, please refrain from telling me how little time I have left, it may seem harmless to you, but I don't like to think about it. Trust me I know that I only have a short time left, and I really want to focus these last few months so that I can do what the Lord wants me to do. I thank you all for you love and support, and I hope you know that I pray for you, that I miss you, and that I am excited to be with you again, but while I am here, I belong to the Lord, and that's what I want to focus on right now. I would also like to share some thoughts on missionary work, we are taught in John 6:44 that no man can come unto Christ unless the Father draws him, which makes tuning in to the Father's will all the more important, and I encourage all of us to seek the Lords' will in our lives, so that we know how to be better disciples, and help him to accomplish his work to bring to pass the imoortality and Eternal Life of his children. I know that Christ lives, that he loves us, and I pray that at this season of the year where we commemorate his resurrection, we may find renewed Faith in Christ, and a deeper devotion to his gospel si my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment