Monday, April 11, 2011

Lucky Us

Dear Family and Friends, Well, you lucked out again, I'm not getting transferred, so you'll know where I am for a few more weeks.... Sorry to those of you whose letters I haven't been able to respond to yet, I've had a lot on my plate the last 6 weeks, and we're just getting into the thick of things, but I will write when I get some time. The Temple open house started Saturday, and everyone is stoked!!! All the reports we've heard about so far say it has been amazing. I can't wait to get to go through. The weather has been really wet here, but everything is so pretty right now with all the flowers and trees just blooming, it's a great time of year to be in Georgia. But I do miss my good old mountains. The work is kind of at a grinding halt right now, but I can just feel that something is about to happen. It's almost like the dam has finally been plugged, and now the water's about to blast it open. It's truly an exciting time to be a missionary. I would like to mention one thing this week, and that is sanctification. The pinnacle of Discipleship to Christ is becoming perfect in him, and this requires that we give our whole heart, and soul to him, so that we can become sanctified by the power of the Holy Ghost. Only by doing this can we stand spotless before the Father at the last day when we stand to be judged of our works. Only through Faith, and repentance of all our sin, and faithfulness to the end after being baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God. I admonish you to seek the refining power of the Holy Ghost that we may all stand together at that great and last day, and enter into the kingdom of God having fought the good fight, and won the prize by faithful obedience. I testify that this is the way, made possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, in his sacred name, Amen. Love, Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment