Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hello

Dear Family and Friends,
This week was a long week, that had such a sweet and at the same time heavy ending.....We spent a lot of time working with one of our investigators, and Satan was really trying to mess with him, but he was baptized yesterday, and I must say it was one of the most touching baptisms that I have ever seen. I got to assist in the baptism, which was really cool, and it was a good thing I was there because I'm not sure the man baptizing him could have picked him back up out of the water. But, the Spirit was just so powerful, and everyone there was crying, and it was just amazing. The thing that made it really cool, was that the missionary that found him originally over a year ago got to be there, so it was so cool. Later that same night, we had transfer calls, and thankfully I'm not packing (yet), but it was an ironic night. My companion, and the rest of our district for that matter, has been telling me I was going to be a District Leader soon, so when the AP's called, my companion was laughing his head off, then something crazy happened.....President King called, and all of the sudden my companion quit laughing, because it was for him, and he's going to be a Zone Leader, so he's a little overwhelmed. So, needless to say it was a crazy day....The rest of the week was really fun, we got to see some investigators that we haven't seen in a while, we were super busy all the time, and we had another unique experience.... Saturday we had the opportunity to go to a Messianic Jewish service, and it was really interesting and different, but I much prefer being LDS if I do say so myself. The funny thing was that the Rabbi was talking about not being hypocrites, as he was taking stabs at our church and what we do as missionaries, but he acted like nothing was different afterwards, so I thought it was funny. Then after this service this lady comes up to me and starts telling me that I don't need to be going around witnessing to people, and I was on the verge of saying something really loudly, but I didn't, so I was proud of myself for making some progress on controlling my temper. I'm really excited to see who my new companion is going to be, and what's going to happen this week, it should be really fun. I hope you all are doing well....

Love,

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment