Monday, November 1, 2010

Post is Here

Dear Family and Friends,
How are you? It's a beautiful day here in Georgia, the weather has finally cooled down, I've got a new companion (meaning I didn't get transferred), and we got to confirm a new member of the church yesterday. All in all, it's just a great day here in the land of preaching the gospel. My new companion is Elder Christensen (2nd one in this area), he's from Fillmore Utah, oddly enough, and he's been out as long as I have. It's interesting being with him, because he doesn't like silence, and I quite enjoy it, so this'll be a good opportunity for me to work on my patience. This week, I get to go to Lilburn for a meeting with President King, and all the other leaders in the mission, so I'm excited about that to see what's going to happen. Elder Arnett wound up going to Athens, just in case anyone was wondering, and I'm stoked because my second companion is now one of my zone leaders, so I get to see someone I know again. Being at transfers was a very cool experience, and President King told us that he feels that the baptisms in our mission will get back to where they're supposed to be very soon, so I'm excited for that, but it's going to require a lot of work, and even more faith, so onward and upward. I think I am beggining to thoroughly enjoy myself being here, I seem to only be getting happier and happier these days, I truly can feel the gospel bringing light into my life. I also have the opportunity currently, to teach our gospel principles class, so that's fun, and I get to do that on top of everything else I do, so I'm staying pretty busy. We are trying to extend our range for finding, and we met some nice people in a new neighborhood, so hopefully we can get something going there, but as of right now, we're kind of in a building phase, but I'm confident that things will pick up. Anyways, I hope you are all doing well, know that I love you and I miss you, and missionaries always love mail......Ttys

Love,
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment