Monday, October 11, 2010

Mail's Here

Dear Family,
This week was kind of an interesting one. I went on exchange again, and got meet a very nice Catholic man who took us to lunch. It was cool, because he knew one of the Elders in my districts former Bishop, so he was real nice and loves the church, but he's a devout Catholic. Funny enough, my companion and I tracted into them last transfer, so it was quite hilarious. We had a new investigator come to church, and accept the invitation to be baptized, so hopefully things go well with him. Another of our investigators had surgery again, and we finally found out what exactly is wrong with him, but he has told that he would like to be baptized as soon as he can, but we have to wait since he can't physically get himself wet yet, so it should happen in a couple weeks. Our recent convert is doing very well, she has a calling in the relief society activities commitee, and is just having a blast with the church, but she is still adjusting to the lifestyle, so it's fun to see her growing. I had the longest day of biking thus far on my mission, and my legs have been killing me all week, but it's all good. We were having very bad luck with finding this week, then I made a joke during weekly planning about how we never get any referrals, and like 4 seconds later I get a call from the AP's who are trying to send us some referrals, and we ended up with 3 that same day, so the Lord once again showed me that he has a sense of humor. We are the pilot mission for a new advertising campaign, and as a result have some pretty sweet new pass along cards, and are giving them out like candy, hoping that it works, but thus far not too much is happening, granted it has only been like 2 weeks. Church this week was really interesting, we had members bearing their testimony about the Constitution, and I was really not too happy since it was our investigators first time to church, but there was nothing I could do. I did take the opportunity to bear my testimony, which was very refreshing, and fun. In the 3 months I've been here, it's been cool to see how much my testimony has grown. Before I leave I would like to share some of it with you: I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father that hears and answers our prayers, I know he loved us enough to send his firstborn son Jesus Christ to be our Savior and Redeemer, and I know that they live, and are waiting for us to return to them with open arms. I know that our Father in Heaven prepared the Holy Ghost as a way to commune with us since we cannot be in his physical presence. I know that Joseph Smith was called and annointed as the Prophet of this last dispensation before the foundations of the earth were lain, and that we refoiced when the Savior annointed him. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God that leads and guides us today, and I know that by obeying the laws and principles of the Gospel, and taking part in the ordinances thereof, all mankind may return to live with our Father in Heaven, with our Families, and have Eternal Life, and Exaltation, in the name of Jesus Christ, I bear you this witness, Amen.

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment