Tuesday, March 30, 2010

mail

Hello,
I must admit it has been a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg week, but some cool things have happened. I got to baptize my first person ever on Saturday, and confirm her sunday. I was way excited, and nervous at the same time but it was super cool. I also got to go on 2 exchanges this week, and both times I got to take over the area and both times we found a ton of new people. Elder Shapiro is having a hard time keeping up with all the new people we're finding.We found out that our Bishop is moving to Utah (go figure), so our ward is going to be bishopless until the Stake President calls a new one. He had a meeting with all the auxiliary heads and had a "Come to Jesus" meeting, which basically meant he was trying to get the ward excited about missionary work, because it's become more tedious than fun because of all the meetings and such. Then I found out that I'm being transferred again, so I'm all packed and ready to move again. I think I'm just going to not unpack from now on, because I finished unpacking last week finally, and now I've repacked everything, and since President King likes to move me around, it makes sense just to keep as much as possible packed. Elder Shapiro's birthday is today, so it's been a pretty fun day. We had a super cool district meeting today, that I really enjoyed. As far as I know I'm not becoming a senior companion or anything, so nothing to worry about there. I'm being stalked by a Jehovah's Witness that we talked to while on one of the exchanges, she really wants me to come to their celebration of Jesus' death, but I don't really want to go, so.............yeah. I'm really going to miss this ward, it's such a nice place, but I guess the Lord needs me elsewhere. Well, have a good week, be safe, and may the Lord watch over you.
Love, Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment