Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Day Late is Better than NO Mail

Dear Peopleagenesses,
It has recently been brought to my attention that some of you think that my withholding the knowledge of my current location is rather cruel, but I would like to make a few comments on this issue, and explain my reasoning for doing so.... So first of all, I have given and will continue to give hints, second of all, I get like no mail at all, because apparently nobody loves me, so this is was one of my ideas to give people a reason to write to me, thirdly, it's really sad when your Mission President has to offer to get involved with your family, because you have no idea what is going on in their lives. Next, there are a number of you (and you know who you are) that told me you would write to me, but have not yet seen fit to do so, so this is a perfect opportunity and reason for you to want to. I was really tempted to sick President and Sister King on you guys, but I was nice enough not to so I would appreciate it if you would eliminate the need for such drastic measures. The next time he asks me how my family is doing I would like to not have to tell him "I have no idea". So this is your official warning...and yes, I'm being serious. President King does not like his missionaries to be left in the dark.

So as for this weeks news, same old same old, no one comes to church, still haven't met all of our investigators, still being frustrated by the adversary, and of course still wishing people would keep commitments and such. I'm really trying to think of new ways to find people to teach, and it's been interesting, but there is still a long way to go. I've been reading in the Bible a lot lately, and man I can totally understand all the interpretation errors, sometimes that book is soooooooo confusing it drives me crazy, but on the bright side I know what most of it means. We do a lot of service here, which is really fun. I had to crawl under someone's house and change their hosebib this week, which was really interesting. Plumbers in Georgia do things really weirdly if you ask me. We also got to help a carpenter clean up his shop, and build some stuff for him. Overall, it was a pretty good week, other than the lack of people keeping commitments.

On the bright side, I did get to play golf yesterday, and did fairly well. I have definitely gotten rusty though, because my entire side is sore from swinging. It was fun though, and the weather was beautiful. As for my hint this week, the city is located inside a county that shares a name with a character in a book series. Anyways, hope things are cool out there, sounds like the weather is terrible, but it is here too so don't feel bad. Anyways, Love ya'll, and dont' forget to cut the lights on.

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment