Monday, April 5, 2010

Transferred...So Mail on Monday again

Hello,
I was thinking about playing the guessing game again to see if anyone could figure out where I am, but since my companion doesn't like to check mail it would be completely pointless. I would like to thank you all for your love and support, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the letters that I have gotten. I'm now serving in the Kennesaw Ward/Big Shanty Branch in the Marietta zone. From what I've heard in the short time i've been here, I'll probably be transferred again in 6 weeks, so I'm living out of my suitcases right now because I'm straight up sick of packing. Things here are interesting, there happens to be a college campus included in this area. However, we aren't allowed to proselyte on the campus so unless someone talks to us first we can't talk about the gospel. The members here are very cool, most of them are YSA and are returned missionaries that like to help with the Work, and know how much we appreciate it. There is a bad reputation for missionaries in this ward, because of past transgressions that has shaken the wards trust in us, and caused this area to be shut down for a while. It was opened the same time as my last area, and as such we have a small teaching pool, but we're working hard to try and get things going here. My new companion is Elder Lee, He's from DC, but was born in Germany. He's been out slightly less than my last companion (starting to notice a pattern there), and has a very strict way of doing things that I don't necessaryily agree with. I'm not saying I don't like him, just that I don't agree with some of his methods. I hope and pray that all of you had the chance to watch General Conference, I thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot of great advice was given about the most sacred calling in the church, that of a Mother or Father. I hope that all of us may learn from these things and follow the counsel we have been given, so that we can fulfill our sacred responsibilities. As a missionary those things are obviously a long way off for me, but it's never too early to start preparing. I would also hope that all of us will study these talks when they come out in the next Ensign. I think I liked the last piece of advice given the most, turn to the lighthouse of the Lord. What a powerful statement, we know that we can always trust in the Lord to lead and guide us, and we also know that as we seek his light we shall find it. As I thought about the Savior and his Atonement, it really sparked my desire to live a more righteous life, and I hope Conference has done the same for you.

This week has been pretty much me following my companion and trying not to get lost. There are so many people, and I'm back in the city and we're on foot, and things are crazy, but it's been fun thus far. I can't believe I have been away for 5 months already, it seems like only yesterday I left. I hope this finds you all safe, happy, and knowing that I love you all. I pray the Lord will watch over you all.

I would llike to leave you with my witness that Jesus is the Christ, that his Atonement was the ultimate sacrifice of love, that he gave up his life and was resurrected for us, that he lives today, and that he loves us all and wants us all to strive to follow his example, In the name of Jesus Christ Amen, God Bless


Love, Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment