Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday news

Well, It's monday yet again, so here I am, sending you my letter, again,
Anyways, it's been kind of a slow week, I got transferred (obviously) and I'm enjoying my new area, but it's not as cool as the one I just came from. There are 1/3 as many people, in like 5 times as much space so things are pretty spread out. I do get to be in a car, but we cover an entire county and we only have 900 miles a month minus the 300 we use for interviews and district meetings and whatever else. Then you consider the fact that we cover and entire county, and we pretty much have no miles. So our car is parked....A LOT...but it's a blessing to have it when we need it. I'm not going to tell you where I am though, that information will be distributed on an individual basis, but I will tell you that it's quite ironic that I'm here. I don't feel quite as bad being here, because Elder Shapiro (Sha-peer-o) doesn't mail either, so we both get to be neglected by our loved ones, but at least we get to do it together. Anyways, as you can imagine this week has been kind of up and down. I'm still trying to learn everything I need to know about the area, and trying to figure out how to do anything, because the nearest place to go contacting is 8 miles away and we have 9 miles a day so I'm still scratching my head on that one. Unfortuantely biking in this area is only possible in the towns in the county, and not between them because there is no such thing as a shoulder and we'd be on the side of a highway, and I don't know about you, but I would rather not end up as road kill...Anyways, Elder Shapiro and I are getting along really well surprisingly. We're currently working on some secret projects that I'll have to tell you about later. But don't worry they're nothing bad, just things to help us teach little children a.k.a. object lessons and we've got some good stuff coming down the pipeline. We're currently in the process of publishing a news article that we're going to use to let people ask us questions about the church and what we believe and so forth. We're expecting a lot of anti, but we were inspired to do it so we know that the Lord will accomplish whatever he needs to through it. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about this transfer, I think it's going to be pretty amazing. Interviews are this week, so we'll see what Presidente has to say about what's going down. I think that just about sums up what's going on, other than a whole lot of missionary work and stuff, but that's boring stuff that we don't talk about right ;) But yeah anyways, have fun, be safe, don't do anything that I would, and know that Heavenly Father Loves ya.

Sincerely,
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment