Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekly News

Dear Family and Friends,

Guess what? Transfers are tomorrow, and over half of my District is being transferred! (dun dun duhhh!!!!) But not me, my companion is, so as of tomorrow, I will officially have filled up my Preach My Gospel companion list. Crazy, but at least I have a few more areas to go before the other side gets filled up. We have had a strange week, we had a training with President King Tuesday in the District, then another training wednesday. Needless to say, it was a training week. I did learn some pretty cool stuff, and was reminded of how to be more effective in some other things. Hopefully in the future it helps us do better. The people we're teaching right now are making some good progress, but unfortunately we weren't able to see them last week excpet for one. Thankfully he has accepted the challenge to be baptized and is preparing for June 12th. It's pretty exciting considering it's been almost 7 months since we've had one. But I'm feeling very positive that more will come. We're doing a lot of work with the ward, and helping them do missionary work, and hopefully it starts to bear some fruit. Some of the important things we learned this week were about goals and planning. In life if we don't have goals, we'll never push ourself to achieve the things we want to. I've also been blessed to see some things that have happened over the course of the last 18 months in a different light, and it's really made me grateful for the Lord's hand in things. I know that he loves us, and he has a plan for us to become like him and return to the presence of our Father in Heaven. I testify of that, and that the fulness of the gospel has been restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He lives, and because he lives we too shall live! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment