Monday, May 9, 2011

Mail Call

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was a landmark in the mission field, I made my last call home....I'm not sure how I feel about that, but at least I wont have to worry about that any more. This week was another crazy one (they all are these days). We had a District Leader Council with President King, and I had a really cool experience there. I've been feeling that we really need to start working through the members of the wards, and loh and behold that's what President King told us to do. It made me feel like maybe I can recieve inspiration, and was cool. I also made a neat discovery in the scriptures that pertains to what we talked about. It says, "for ye have need of patience that, after ye have done the will of God ye might recieve the promise." (Hebrews 10:36) So in essence we need to seek the will of the Lord, and act upon our impressions with all diligence being patient when we don't see immediate results, and know that the promises of the Lord will be fulfilled once you've finished the course. This also illustrates something we were told by Elder Pieper when he was here, he said "miracles start by Revelation." Which would be true since you have to obtain the will of the Lord to do it. It was a perfect description of how I've felt about some of the things we've tried before, I got discouraged when things didn't happen right away, but now I understand, and am prepared for the future. I feel very positive about our situation right now, and am very excited for the things that are happening. I would like to share one experience that we had yesterday.... I spent a good amount of time praying to know where we could find someone prepared to recieve the gospel, and I didn't feel anything. Several hours later at church, I still felt nothing. As we walked out of Sacrament meeting and into Sunday school class, and young woman in the ward walked up and introduced us to her boyfriend who asked us to teach him the discussions. That never happens! Later as I was sitting in Priesthood class, the words of my prayer that morning came back to me, and I realized that had been the answer to my prayer. At that point I was filled with such gratitude that my eyes began to water. It was one of the coolest things that has happened on my mission. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers, that he knows and loves each one of us, and that he has a plan for all of us to help in this great work we are engaged in. He needs us, and we need to do all we can to serve him, and help him accomplish his divine purpose so that the earth may be prepared for the coming of our Lord. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment