Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mail's Posted


Dear Family and Friends,
Brrrrrrrrrr, it's a blistering 34 degrees outside and there is some furious wind blowing. There is SNOW on the ground here in Georgia, and just in case you don't believe me, I sent pictures. But yeah, last night was the coldest night I've ever spent here, it was freezing, and the wind was howling. If it would've snowed very hard, it would've been blizzard conditions. Anyways, the missionary work this week has been slow, it seems like everyone is sick this time of year, and everybody's leaving town. But we're moving on, and hoping things get better. nothing too exciting happened this last week. We got to help a family decorate for Christmas, and clean up their yard. We also go to teach a lesson at mutual about the importance of mail to missionaries (I had nothing to say), and testimonies, and it was pretty fun. This week was a good week however for learning, I've really been impressed lately with how the scriptures can answer questions and resolve concerns. It seems like every time I have something come up, I open up to right where I left off last time, and boom, there's the answer. It's really cool to get to see the Lord watching over me like that, but it's saddening to think that people don't want that in their lives. I hope we all this wonderful Christmas season can take time to make a new years resolution to read the scriptures more, I know it will strengthen us, and bring us closer to our Father in Heaven. I also hope that we will all take the opportunity to invite people to feel the Spirit of the season throught the scriptures and trhough church, because this truly is a blessed time of year. I love you all, and I hope all is well. Thank you for your support, know that I miss you.

Love,
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment