Monday, December 6, 2010

Big News From the Mission Field...

Dear Family and Friends,
This week was an interesting one, we had a specialized training with President King Friday, and WOW is all I can say, I never would've thought the words he said would ever come out of his mouth. I'll quote him "I do not want you to tract anymore!" I (along with 74 other missionaries) was blown away. We're now going to be relying on referrals from the members to teach people, because (drum roll) we're now using Mormon.org as our primary proselyting tool. So, this is going to be interesting, because we're in a unique transition phase where we know what's going on, but the Bishop doesn't have a clue, but President King is working on training them. This is crazy, we are actually asked now to spend time learning everything there is to know about the site, and how to use it. If I may, I would like to encourage all of you to check it out, and create a profile on there. So that's the big shake up this week, that and we found out last night that my companion and I are staying together another transfer, which means, I'll have spent more time in this area than the previous 5 combined, which is just absolutely nuts, but it's fun. That's all the big news this week, nothing to exciting outside that happened. I hope you all are doing well, thank you for your support, love, prayers, and letters, they mean a lot to me. I pray for you, and I hope you all are doing well.

Love,
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment