Monday, July 26, 2010

Dear...

Dear Family/Friends/Those who may or may not know me who read this anyways because it's semi-interesting/Everyone else,
This week was action packed, Monday night we gained a new companion (who I didn't meet until Tuesday, becuase I was on exchange in Woodstock), we are now a trio in Allatoona with Elder Brent Christensen. He's really cool, I was with him in my first area (not as my companion but in my apartment), and it's really nice to get to learn from a more experienced missionary again. I feel extremely inadequate to be trying to teach another missionary what he's supposed to be doing, but I am trying my best. Wednesday, we got to go on a split, and I wrecked on my bike on the way home, but luckily the only thing hurt was my bike and my pants. But, all those years in Home Ec. finally paid off. My pants look really funny, but at least they're not holy anymore (buh dum, ch). We had one of our investigators leave town for 2 weeks, so we're praying like crazy that she comes back the way she left. Because the night before she left, she agreed to set a date to be baptized when she gets home. We have also started teaching a Former investigator, and are making good progress with him, but he has a long way to go. We are still struggling with some of our investigators, but if they would ever make up their minds, we could baptize a ton of people. But, we can't force anyone to do anything since they still have their agency. The humidity here seems to be picking up, and it is absolutely nasty, I think I sweat more than I could have ever thought possible. We are still not having a ton of success finding, but we're trying some different methods so hopefully things pick up. I don't think I'll ever get over my being shy, it seems like no matter how hard I try it just never works. I'm really staring to feel like I just don't have a missionary type personality, because I'm just too laid back apparently, but I figure the Lord called me here for a reason, I just can't seem to figure out what it is. Transfer calls are coming up in 6 days, so I'll see if my streak keeps going. I'm guessing it will since there are a lot of things on the horizon here, it's about time for me to get transferred. President seems to think I wont, but I'm not going to take his word for it. I've been really impressed this week with the importance of reading the scriptures, it seems like every time I do I find something else that I need to do to be a more effective missionary, and occasionally person. So I would admonish you all to read them daily, but not just read them, ponder and pray about them and do all you can to apply to what you're doing in your life. I know that if we do that, the Lord will show what we need to do to further our progression, and to grow more like our Savior Jesus Christ. I truly appreciate all the support and love that you guys have been for me, and I hope the Lord is watching over you in all that you do. Love,

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment