Monday, July 12, 2010

Adjusting in Allatoona,

Bonjour,

As you all know, I was moved again last Monday, and I'm now in the Allatoona ward. Things here have been kind of tough since the last missionaries didn't keep very good records of anything. It has made things extremely difficult since we can't find any of the people that they were teaching. But we're doing our best, and trusting that things will all work out. My new companion is Elder Arnett, he's a good missionary, and a hard worker which has been a nice change. This area isn't too fun, due to its' monstrous hills, and the fact that we're on bike, but hey at least I'm getting a good work out now. I feel like a fish, I've been drinking close to a gallon of water a day, but I think most of that is probably being sweated out of me. I often wonder what it must look like to see 2 white guys in white shirts and ties pouring sweat with backpacks on standing at your door, from the sounds of it it's not very appealing if you ask me, but what do I know. There have been some crazy changes going on in the mission world around the church, and I don't know much about it, but we're having interviews this week so we'll find out what's going on. I have a feeling that I may be here for a while since I need to get my behind in shape I guess. The work in this area seems to be going alright though, and the ward seems to be really good about reaching out to people they just keep hitting road blocks in the work. But, overall things are going alright, we're hitting lots of doors and hoping we can find the people we're supposed to. Anyways, love ya'll, hope to hear from ya soon.
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment