Saturday, November 14, 2009

Yahoo Mail...

Dad, Mom, Matthew & Tyler,
Thanks for the letters, I really appreciate them. I'm glad things are going well. I'm sorry my first letter took so long, I accidentally mailed it to myself. Shows you how good I am at this. But don't worry I've got it figured out now. I probably won't sent any pictures home until next week, but don't worry I promise I'll send lots. I got to go to the temple this morning, it was really amazing and the spirit was so powerful. I've been reading a lot lately in the new testiment about Christ and it's awsome to find the corrrelations between Matthew, Mark, Luke , John and 3rd Nephi. My teachers really are amazing, I love being in class with them. I also love the referral center, it's where people call to get all the free DVD's and bibles and stuff. People also come on and chat to learn more about the church. I love being able to help people while I'm still here in the MTC. I leave for Georgia a week from Tuesday, and I'm really excited, but at the same time I'm trying to enjoy the time I have here. The food here is really good, so I am surviving just fine. I'm finally starting to get better at talking to random people walking by, which is a good thing. Some of the missionaries here are kinda crazy and really loud but we deal with it. One of the teachers just had a baby this week so he missed a couple of days, and while he was gone one of the other teachers in our distric taught our class about Christ and everything he did for us, and it was awesome. I've gotten so used to wearing a suit now that it feels weird to be in normal clothes. We got our flight plans yesterday and I think it's a 7 hour flight, but I'm not sure. If you can I'd like you to mail me my patriartical blessing. It was in the center shelf of the computer desk. If you would that'd be awesome. My companion nd I are kind of in an arguement right now, and it's not because we don't agree with each other. He just thinks that when we teach we should only use the Book of Mormon, and I keep telling him we need to be using the bible as well. When I asked our teacher about it, he said we should be using both, but the balance between the two depends on the investigator. I think we're both right, but he seems to think I'm wrong so I don't know what to do. He's also getting on my nerves, because all he talks about is what he's going to do when he gets home and we're still in the MTC. The worse part about this whole arguement thing is that I said something about it to one of the other Elders in our district, and the Elder agreed with me. So he told our roommates something and had them chew me out so I'm on a non-speaking basis with them for now. Not because I'm mad just because I don't want to agrue about a question with no right or wrong answer. Anyways you guys be safe and have fun. I love you all,
Elder Hughes
P.S. this now qualifies as the longest letter I've ever written.

No comments:

Post a Comment