Monday, November 23, 2009

Wow... it's a regular thing

Dad, Mom, Matthew & Tyler,
This week has been really eventful. In class we've been focusing on what it's going to be like out in the field. I can't believe I fly out Monday. I hope everything's going ok down there, and that you get an elk. I've set a goal to read the Book of Mormon 24 times on my mission, which breaks down to 8 chapters per day. I'm going to send one of my study journals home so that Brent can check it out and see what he's going to be learning. I didn't go to the temple today bacause I'm not feeling too good, and one of the other Elders in my district wasn't either so I stayed behind with him. I've actually gained weight while I've been here in the MTC, but I know it's not fat because my pants aren't fitting right anymore. The MTC asked my district to help with a service project today which is really inconvienient because it's during our laundry time, but the Lord will get us through it. If you haven't watched the Joseph Smith movie yet, you need to. I saw it and it really struck me to see our prophet suffering for us. So my companion and I got over our arguement just to get into another one. We were cleaning up from dinner, he was with our roommates and I was in a different line, and he left me in the cafeteria. I thought I had just gotten out before so I looked around and waited 15 minutes. At that point I decided to go back to my room, and there he is all dressed for gym and getting mad at me for being lost. Yeah, needless to say I wasn't very happy. On top of that, I keep telling him we need to be on time, but he still makes us late for everything except lunch. I'm kind of excited to meet my new companion and get to work. Well that's pretty much what's going on. Love ya,
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment