Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Note for the Week

Dear Family and Friends,
As I have pondered this week, I think I'm beginning to see the workings of the unseen forces around us. I feel as though I can literally see the power of Satan working overtime to stop the work of Christ from going forth. But, with the opening of the Temple coming up, it makes sense. His power in the South is about to be strained, and with the power of the Spirit that the visitors will feel, a lot of people are going to want to know what they were feeling as they toured the Temple. It's amazing to me to see how the Lord puts things in place to thwart the adversary, but we have to be in tune enough to see it, and we need to do all we can to make sure the Lord's will gets done. We had the priviledge this week of being taught by Elder Peiper of the 70 this week, and it was a truly special day. To see and feel his love for the Savior and his work was just amazing. He taught us some very valuable things, that I hope will help us to elevate ourselves to where we need to be to accomodate the Revelation that President King has received, that the Windows of Heaven are beginning to open on this mission, and the vision of the South is about to unfold. As I have pondered these events, I feel it important to urge all of you to consider your readiness for the coming of the Savior, because it is not far away. I feel that we have a very short time left before he comes. We need to be prepared, and I testify that if we have the Faith, and are willing to follow the Lord's commands, he will help us to be prepared. We must ask ourselves if we could stand before the Lord, and tell him with an honest heart that we are worthy to return to his presence. I would also like to speak of the shortness of this life. In the vast expanse of eternity this life is but a small blip on the map, and yet it is one of the most important sections in that expanse, for it is what we do here that determines what we will spend the rest of eternity doing. We cannot afford to waste this life, or take it lightly, we do not have time to spend idling away while the Lord is trying to prepare the way for his coming. We must be anxiously engaged in the work of the Lord, doing all we can to help his work roll forth. I urge you to carefully study the words of the Apostles and Prophets, and follow their counsel, because President King feels, and I believe that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet who's calling is to gather scattered israel to prepare the earth. I testify that he is the Prophet of God chosen today to lead us in this time. I know that we can be instruments in the Lord's hands if we will submit our will to his, and I know that this work will go on until the Great Jehovah shall say it is done.

Love,

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment