Monday, November 22, 2010

Last Week's Mail...

Dear Family and Friends,
This week was rather uneventful, we did a lot of tracting. But, we got to have Zone Conference, and it was pretty cool. We also had an opportunity to go on exchange, so I had the new Elder in Woodstock come over here, and we got to work together for the day. It was cool, because we found another new member that isn't on the rolls, but unfortunately he may be moving soon because of his job. Then the ward chewed us out for not getting his information, because they expect us to interoggate everyone we meet, so we can tell everyone their life story, and I just don't like to do that, because then it seems like that's all we care about and it's just ridiculous. Anyways, the ward Primary program was this week, and it was so cool to see all the kids up there singing, and there were a bunch of visitors, but nobody told us who they were (there are still a lot of people in the ward that I don't know because they show up so sporadically), so we didn't get to talk to any of them. But at least they came to church, and hopefully felt the Spirit. I'm having a lot of fun, getting to work and learn, and I've definitely gained a testimony of Diligence, it seems like the more tired I am at the end of each day, the happier I am. I can't really explain it, but that's how it works. Overall, things are going good, and should only get better, so I'm excited. I hope you all are doing well, know that you're in my prayers. I hope we all can take an opportunity to really ponder about the meaning and power of prayer, and try to be more sincere, and by so doing, invite the Spirit into our life more powerfully, that we may become closer to the Lord, and more in tune with his will. I know that Heavenly Father loves us, and wants to hear from us, and is willing to grant us the righteous desires of our hearts if we ask in Faith, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment