Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mail

Hello,
This week has been another busy one, nothing too crazy has happened though other than the weather has finally started to cool off, I think we dropped below 90 for the first time in llike 4 months or something, it was glorious, and I must say there was much rejoicing. This week was kind of the week I didn't want to happen, but it did anyways. We had a lot of appointments fall through on us, and a number of things combined to discourage us, but the work goes on. We did have a cool lesson with a less active member that we've been working with who is now exctied to come to church, and wants us to teach her kids. we also got the sister that is getting baptized this Saturday interviewed, so we're excited. She was able to attend a child of record baptism yesterday, so she's all excited now. We also had a chance to give her a Priesthood blessing, and she was pretty awestricken with what she felt happening as we blessed her, so she's just having all kinds of cool stuff happen. Unfortunately, the other people we have with a date weren't able to make it to church, so we may have to push them back, but I'm still confident that things will work out. Apparently the Bishop seems to think that the ward is really happy with us trying to work hard, so people are starting to try and help us out, but again it takes more time than we have. But, it's good that they trust us, we're pretty exctied about the future. Transfer calls are coming up next week, so I'll find out if this becomes my longest standing area, or just another blip on the missiom map of Elder Hughes. I'm so ready to just not get transferred again, but it's just not going to happen, anyways, we'll see what the Lord has in store. This week I would like to talk for a minute about a unique experience I had while readin the scriptures, I was reading a chapter in the Book of Mormon that I thought didn't have anything too cool in it, but the Lord proved me wrong. It was in 2Nephi 1, I was reading near the end where it talk about rising from the dust and shaking off the chains of Hell, and putting on the armor of righteousness. When I read it I had to do a double take, because I was like "whoa." It was cool, because it emphasized the importance to me of continuing to endure, rising from the dust, no matter what happens, and doing our best to always recommit ourselves to do better (shaking off the chains), and striving to follow the Lord and walk in his ways. It was also cool, because I see myself as a missionary as part of the Lords' army, and it was like a call to me to wake up and get to work. I know that as we try to do these things, the Lord will bless us, and will help us to draw closer to him. I love you all, thank you for your support, know that the Lord will bless us as we strive to live righteously.

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment