Monday, June 7, 2010

News from Dahlonega, Georgia

Hello,

Last week I realized that I forgot to tell y'all where I am, so just so ya know I'm now serving in Dahlonega. Anyways, the work here is very different, and challenging for me, but I think it's all part of the Lords' plan to help me grow into who he wants me to be. There are a lot of struggles in this area that are quite unique. The churchs' here are small, and so are very tight knit communities and trying to get some one to leave one and come to another is very difficult. We have one investigator for example, that believes that our church is true, but refuses to leave his because all of his friends are there. It makes it difficult, but the Lord prepares who he will, and makes a way for all those thta truly want it. I had the opportunity to bear my testimony in church yesterday, and it was really interesting because I was only there for maybe 30 seconds, and I have no idea why I said what I said, but it was really neat to feel the Spirit testifying through me. I would that all of you are continuing to study the gospel, and learning the principles that will help us to imrove in our lives and prepare for eternity. I would like to leave with you some of my testimony...

I know that Jesus is Christ, and that he is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that Joseph Smith is the Prophet that restored the Lords' church in this dispensation with all of it's teachings, and the Authority to administer the ordinaces thereof. I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan and purpose for all of us in our lives. I know that he knows us individually, even to the thoughts and intents of our hearts. I know that he has provided Jesus Christ as the way for us to return to live with him for eternity, and enjoy all the blessings and privileges that he now enjoys. I know that we are all sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father, and that he loves us more than we can comprehend. I bear you this witness in the Name of Jesus Christ Amen.

I love you all, and I hope you're doing well.
Sincerely,
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment