Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas email

Hey guys,
I hope this holiday season is going well, and you're all enjoying the special spirit that is felt during this time of year. As we continue to learn about the Savior and the things he's done for us, the Spirit will continue to testify of his love for us. I continue to urge all of you that can to take this wonderful opportunity to get to the temple as often as possible. Things are going well here, it was a bit of a rough week this work, but the work here continues to move forward at an ever increasing rate. We did have a baptism Saturday, which was my first official investigator to be baptized :) it was awesome. The best part though was that I got to confirm her yesterday, and I've been told I did good, so I'm super excited about that. We have another investigator Paul that is so golden it's ridiculous, he'll probably be baptized around the end of January or the beginning of February. The members here are taking really good care of us so don't worry about me, i've got plenty of sweets, and a stack of presents surprisingly. Surprisingly I haven't gained any weight yet, so i'm pretty happy about that especially since i'm in a car. One of the Elders in the Lawrenceville 1st ward is going home tomorrow so we get to have his companion until transfers, so we have to cover two wards which is going to be interesting with our severely limited miles. A missionary got home two days ago here, and it was really cool to get to see what it's like (even though I doubt it'll be anything like it was here in Utah). Christmas will be awesome. The ward is really staring to like me and Elder Thacker so it's cool to see them getting really involved with the work. Thank you to everyone that is supporting me, you guys don't know how much it means that you're behind me. I love you all, and hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment