Monday, May 17, 2010

Update for the week

Hello People,
It's been a couple weeks since my last letter, and some exciting things have happened. First of all, I got to talk to my parents and brothers on Mothers' day, which was very exciting. I would like to make a formal apology to my Father for not including his name in the list of people that are still writing to me, it was implied just not stated, but I'm sorry dad. Secondly, my companion did not have surgery on his hand yet, but it is in the works. Last but not least, I have been transferred.....again.....making 3 in a row. But this time was a little different, my companion and I were both transferred, and they brought sisters into my old area. I am now in the Redneck capitol of my mission, which also happens to be one of the areas my Trainer served in. My companion has an extremely ironic name, but I've decided that I'm not going to tell anyone (except my family and aunt Jaimie since they were the only ones cool enough to figure it out last time) so good luck figuring out where I am and who my companion is. The work here is very different, and so are the people. But so far I'm liking the area. We have a senior couple that serve here with us called the Greenhalghs who are conveniently from Fillmore. I like them, they're pretty nice people. We do a lot of service here, I think I've spent more time in my service clothes than proselyting since I got here. I'm supposed to be the senior companion, but my companion has been out longer than I have so I'm not really sure why that is. I hope you're all doing well, and I would encourage all of you to read over the last ensign, as I have I have definitely felt the power and comfort in the counsel we've been given. How lucky we are to have a living Prophet in these days. I love you all, and I'll talk to you soon.
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment