Monday, May 3, 2010

Mail Stop

Hello People of the Family that are related to me and such as may know me,
This week has been pretty tame, not too much exciting stuff going on. All of the college kids are getting ready for finals right now, so nobody has time to talk, which is making things a little crazy. But on the bright side after next week they wont be busy anymore so they wont have any excuses :) (evil laugh). Last week, during basketball, I made the mistake of driving on 3 other guys to shoot the ball playing 21. While in the air I was knocked to the side by one of the 5 flailing arms I was going through and landed at a terrible angle on my ankle. So for about 4 hours I could only limp and I still can't walk like I'm supposed to, but, I made the shot so it's all good. Then, about an hour later my companion broke his hand. He was chasing a loose ball and someone slapped him, and his ring finger snapped down by his wrist. So we have to go in Thursday to find out whether or not he needs surgery. So injury wise it's been an eventful week, but teaching wise not so much. I have had some pretty interesting experiences in my studies though, as I've been studying in first and second Nephi. Some of the things in there are truly amazing, and as I've studied I've been trying to think of how I could apply them to my life, and it's really helped me understand just how much we can all do to bring ourselves closer to the Savior. In church yesterday we talked about the Priesthood, and how to become a powerful priesthood holder. While we were talking about that I was thinking to myself, that it makes sense that we have to work at it, because that's how the Gospel works in every aspect line upon line. So I would urge all of you who may hold that Priesthood to make it a goal to work on becoming more powerful in it. I also had the opportunity to go to a Bible study this week, and we talked about how we could employ our talents over the summer. I think they brought up some good points about dedicating time to go out of our way to help others. I know that if we all were to try that, we could spread some Charity in the world. I'm starting to get used to the ward finally, so now I'll find out next sunday whether or not I'm staying or going. If anyone would like to make a prediction, You can let me know or not it's up to you. Anyways, I hope you're all doing well, and that you are trying to improve your relationship with your Savior. Love you all,
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment