Monday, January 4, 2010

Weekly News

Hello everyone, So first off this week has been freezing.... But on the bright side we have found a good number of new investigators. I found out last night that I'll be staying in Lawrenceville for another transfer so I'm happy about that, because I really enjoy it here, and there's a lot of good work to do. I hope you've all had a good holiday season and are getting ready to get back into the swing of things with school and all that fun stuff. As the new year begins, a lot of people make their resolutions about things they would like to do, and I would like to encourage all of you to set a goal to be better missionaries. There are a lot of little things that we can do that will help bring the light of Christ into people's lives. I know that it's hard sometimes to share the gospel and we don't always feel comfortable doing it, but I also know that the Lord will bless us for doing it, and we never know what the results of our actions may be. Plantings the seeds of the gospel is just as important as reaping the harvest, so never fail to plant a seed when an oportunity presents itself. As a missionary I can't tell you how grateful I am when members tell us about the missionary work they do, because it makes missionaries like us more effective, and helps us keep busy which is our ultimate desire, to always be busy. The church is really emphasizing the principles of the gospel, which I believe is to help us as members know how to share it better, so I exhort you all to study these things. The prophet wouldn't direct us to study something if it wasn't important. I also encourage to try to read the scriptures more, because the Lord will bless you as you do so. I find that my favorite thing to do these days is study the scriptures, because through them I learn how to be a better missionary, and I draw closer to the Savior. I also continue to encourage you all to strive to get to the Temple often. As I study my testimony of the importance of the work we do there continues to grow. For any of you that haven't been or don't go I would plead with you to make the necessary preparations to get your self there, because no other place on earth can help be as close to our Father in Heaven, and we need the guidance and council we receive from the blessings of the Temple Covenant. I hope you're all doing well, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Love, Elder Hughes
I would also like to bear you my testimony of these things... I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is back on the earth in its fullness, and I know that it was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that this gospel can bring our families together, and bring untold blessings into our lives. I know that our Heavenly Father lives and loves us all. I know that he has given us all the families we have, because we were meant to be with these people. I know that anyone who reads the Book of Mormon will be able to feel the Spirit of the Lord testifying to them of the truthfulness of the teachings within it. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and that he suffered and died so that we might live. I know that that the gospel will sound to every nation, kindred, and tongue, and that only through the gospel of Jesus Christ, and obedience to the laws and ordinances thereof can we be saved, and return to live with our father in heaven, and I also know that the day when Christ shall come to reign in his Eternal Glory shall soon come, and I pray that when it arrives we will all be ready for the coming of the Savior. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ... Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment